PINPOINT® Calibration Thermometer User’s Guide
American Marine Inc. is proud to introduce the PINPOINT® Calibration Thermometer, the only truly accurate and affordable digital thermometer system with a large range calibration feature and a replaceable probe. The PINPOINT® Calibration Thermometer features a lab grade waterproof 10-foot thermistor fiber with a triple mini-jack connection. A standard pair of AAA batteries will power the instrument for approximately 18-24 months of continuous duty. The battery set should be replaced when the visual indicator on the display shows “LOBAT”.
NOTE: The PINPOINT® Calibration Meter unit is NOT waterproof and must be operated on a dry surface. Liquid contact on the printed circuit board will cause corrosion and void warranty.
Unwrap the protective plastic packaging from the PINPOINT® Calibration Thermometer unit. Remove the battery cover on the back of the monitor and install 2-AAA batteries. Use the pop-up stand on back and place meter on a flat, dry surface. Velcro can be used to mount the meter onto a vertical surface. Carefully remove the packaging from the thermistor fiber. Install the thermistor by inserting the mini-jack to the female input on the front panel of the meter shown as letter E on the diagram.
The PINPOINT® Calibration Thermometer is now ready for use. Place the thermistor and use the suction cup to stabilize its location. The length of the thermistor cable is approximately 10 feet. If less then 10 feet is required for your application, the extra cable can be neatly coiled.
Turn the meter ON using the ON/OFF button indicated as letter A on the diagram.
To change the reading from Fahrenheit degrees to Centigrade degrees slide the button indicated as letter D.
• Temperature Calibration Offset
To calibrate the display reading, please follow the following steps:
1) Note the display reading.
2) Determine the amount of adjustment you feel is needed.
3) Continuously press the button indicated as letter D until 0.0 is flashing on the display.
4) To increase or raise the displayed temperature, tap the button indicated as B up to 10.0 degrees. You may use increments as small as 0.1 degree.
5) To decrease or lower the displayed temperate, tap the button indicated as C up to 10.0 degrees. You may use increments as small as 0.1 degree.
6) Press button indicated as D to complete your calibration offset.
The PINPOINT® Calibration Thermometer thermistor should be replaced if the black plastic casing of the thermistor or the cable is cut or compromised in any way. Replacement thermistor fibers are available.
Important Points to Remember
• PINPOINT® Calibration Thermometer has been designed as a continuous temperature monitor. A pair of standard AAA batteries can be successfully used until “LOBAT” is indicated on the display (approximately 18-24 month).
• PINPOINT® Calibration Thermometer is NOT waterproof and must be operated on a dry surface. Liquid contact with the printed circuit board will cause corrosion and void warranty.
• If the display shows LLL, this indicates a thermistor fiber issue.
• PINPOINT® Calibration Thermometer is shipped with a 00.0 calibration offset.
• Accuracy is +/- 00.2 degrees after calibration.
• Resolution is 00.1 degrees in either the display, measurement and calibration modes.
• Allow up to 1 minute to register any temperature change from the thermistor to the meter.
• The thermistor may be mounted in air as well as a liquid environment.
• The full range of temperature measurement is:
-58.0°Farenheit to +158.0°Farenheit
-50.0°Centigrade to +70.0°Centigrade.
• PINPOINT® Thermistor Fiber is supplied with a 10 foot (3 meter) cable. This cable can not be cut or shortened.
PINPOINT® Calibration Thermometer by American Marine Inc. is warranted to be free of defects in material and workmanship for a period of 2 years from date of sale. Positive proof of purchase is required for warranty claim.
PINPOINT® Thermistor Fiber is warranted to be free of defects in material and workmanship for a period of 30 days from the date of sale.
American Marine Inc. will not be liable for any costs of removal, installation, transportation charges, or any other charges, which may result in connection with a warranty claim.
American Marine Inc. will not be liable for any damage or wear to products or livestock caused by abnormal operating conditions, water damage, abuse, misuse, unauthorized alternation or repair or if the product was not installed in accordance with the printed operating instructions.
Any defective product to must be sent freight prepaid with appropriate documentation supporting the warranty claim. Replacement or repair will be at the discretion of American Marine Inc. Typical turnaround time within 48 hours. Overnight delivery available.