|American Marine is proud to introduce the PINPOINT® II Calcium Monitor. The only truly affordable and accurate digital Calcium measurement instrument designed exclusively for marine saltwater. Powered by a 9-volt battery (not included). PINPOINT® II Calcium Monitor will operate for approximately 150 total hours before battery replacement is indicated on the display.
NOTE: The PINPOINT® II Calcium Monitor unit is NOT waterproof and must be operated on a dry surface. Liquid contact on the printed circuit board will cause corrosion and void warranty.
- This probe is a solid state single piece, permanently filled model Ver III.
- Remove the storage bottle that protects the probe tip by unscrewing the bottle from the bottle cap. When not in use, probe should be stored in the protective bottle without any fluid added to the bottle.
- Be careful not to damage the flat PVC membrane on the probe tip. This membrane should be kept as clean as possible; free from algae, etc.
- All calibration fluids and tank water sample should be room temperature for greatest accuracy.
- Pour the 100 ppm Ca++ calibration fluid into a clean cup or storage bottle.
- Pour the 1,000 ppm Ca++ calibration fluid into a 2nd clean cup
- Install a new 9-volt battery or the PINPOINT® AC Adapter to the battery compartment wires on the back of the meter.
- Attach the BNC connector from the probe cable to the front of the meter. Lock it into place with a 1/4 turn to the right.
Calibration and Measurement
- Activate meter on by pressing the ON/OFF/CAL button for 1 second.
- Now press the ON/OFF/CAL button continuously for 3-4 seconds until "CAL" appears on the display.
- The number 100 should appear on the display. If not; then press the Range button to change the calibration value to 100.
- Put the probe tip into the 100 ppm Ca++ Calibration Fluid. Wait until the number 100 begins to flash on the display on a regular basis (4-5 steady flashes or longer is advised). This may take a minute or so for a new probe. Then press the Enter button to register the 100 ppm Ca++ calibration. The LCD should display the word "good"
- Shake the probe dry. Press the Range button until 1000 is displayed.
- Put the probe tip into the 1000 ppm Ca++ Calibration Fluid. Wait until the number 1000 begins to flash on the display on a regular basis (4-5 steady flashes or longer is advised). This may take a minute or two. Then press the Enter button to register the 1000 ppm Ca++ calibration. The LCD should display the word "good."
- Now press the ON/OFF/CAL button to read Calcium ppm.
- Test your sample. Take a sample of water away from your system in a clean cup and insert the probe to take a precision measurement. Allow enough time for the reading to settle down.
- Rinse the probe in RO or DI water, shake the probe dry and store it in the protective bottle. Keep the probe tip away from strong light.
The accuracy of this and other electronic instruments is the greatest immediately following a calibration process. Measure the calcium frequently, if the value drifts, calibration should be performed to verify the reading. The probe should not be totally submerged. Only the bottom 1 – 2 inches of the probe tip should be in the water.
Important Points to Remember
- If the Calcium Monitor shows “err” during the calibration process it is possible that the probe has reached the end of its useful life or the calibration fluids have become contaminated.
- At the end of the calibration process if the meter shows a ppm reading of zero; one or both of the calibration fluids may be out of specification and are no longer accurate. Obtain new calibration fluids and recalibrate. Do not mix old calibration fluids with new calibration fluids; discard the old set.
- Calcium Probe stability will be greatly improved when the probe tip is allowed to properly hydrate for 5 – 10 minutes in any calibration fluid prior to calibration.
PINPOINT® II Calcium Monitor is NOT waterproof and must be operated on a dry surface. Liquid contact with any of the printed circuit boards will cause corrosion and void the warranty.
- Measurements above the instrument range will be indicated on the LCD as "H."
- The Calcium Probe tip should never be placed in RO or DI water for an extended period of time.
- If you observe an unusually high or low calcium ppm value, it is advisable to re-check the calibration.
- The Calcium Probe tip should be stored dry. The storage bottle is used to prevent physical damage to the tip and should not be filled with any fluid.
- Replace batteries in the PINPOINT® II Calcium Monitor when the appropriate LCD battery icon appears.
Display Range: 000.0 – 9,772 ppm Ca+
Resolution: 000.2 ppm
Accuracy: +/- 2 % of the reading after calibration
PINPOINT® II Calcium Monitor by American Marine Inc. is warranted to be free of defects in material and workmanship for a period of 2 years from date of sale.
PINPOINT® II Calcium Probe is warranted to be free of defects in material and workmanship for a period of 6 months from the date of sale.
Positive proof of purchase is required for warranty claim. American Marine Inc. will not be liable for any costs of removal, installation, transportation charges, or any other charges, which may result in connection with a warranty claim.
American Marine Inc. will not be liable for any damage or wear to products or livestock caused by abnormal operating conditions, water damage, abuse, misuse, unauthorized alternation or repair or if the product was not installed in accordance with the printed operating instructions. Any defective product must be sent freight prepaid with appropriate documentation supporting the warranty claim. Replacement or repair will be at the discretion of American Marine Inc.